Saturday, December 8, 2012

Glazed and Infused

Walking through Fulton Market, the typical aromas of fresh seafood and dumpster juice pierced my senses like mustard gas. Don't get me wrong, there are some amazing restaurants in the area such as Aviary, Moto, Ing, and Next. But lets get real, walk down the block and lose your appetite as factory workers run you off the sidewalk with their forklifts and are washing the piggy remains off the street. Vivid enough for you? Well, it smells pretty awful.

Anywho, As I was walking down W. Fulton Market toward downtown, I was stopped in my tracks by a surprising little scent. I surveyed the area looking for any sign of sugary goodness, and directly across the street was Glazed and Infused Doughnuts. I walked through the doors, greeted immediately. Bonus points.

Anybody that knows anything about me knows that I am a Chai Tea addict. First thing that caught my eye was that, of course until I looked into the display case at a maple bacon doughnut with an entire bacon slice garnish. We watched as the bakers glazed the doughnuts in the kitchen and worked their whisk magic. We split 3 doughnuts (you can call me Fatty McFattyPants). Carrot Cake doughnut with a Cream Cheese Frosting and candied carrots and pecans, Creme Brule doughnut (which was utterly amazing), and Mint Chocolate Cake that was topped with mint chocolate ganache and Andees mint pieces. All of the doughnuts were awesome, moist, and worth every dollar (I say this due to the fact that they're a little price at $3 a piece.) We ordered a black house blend coffee and a Chai Tea. Well, the tea wasn't very good and tasted almost like straight soy milk, but the coffee was a good brew. Strong, slightly bitter.

Best part of it was that we paid for nothing. Their system was down, and the gracious clerk handed us our entire order PLUS an extra coffee entirely for free. There are apparently four locations in the area. West Loop, Wicker Park, Streeterville, and Lincoln Park (coming soon).

I barely escaped a diabetic coma, and was pretty hyped up for the next hour or so, and I'm pretty sure my thighs about busted through my skinny jeans, but it is what it is, and what it is, is a fat kid's wet dream.
A little raunchy, I am. I have the humor of a 12 year old boy. Don't like it? SHUT UP and EAT ME!

website: www.goglazed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment